Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lemur L'amour: Details of the Day

I'm almost to the end of my recaps, but I have to do the details post, right? The focus of the pictures of the day was definitely on people and moments, but I asked Niki to grab a few shots of some of the things around the room, especially since they were things we had spent a lot of time on.

All pictures by Niki Marie Photography.


The obligatory dress shot. And before everyone freaks out, yes it's a plain plastic hanger. Sorry if that offends you. I just can't say I cared that much!


You too can own these shoes for the low price of $14.99 at Payless. Maybe not particularly bridal, but I couldn't find shoes that I liked anywhere and ended up wearing this pair of simple neutral flats that were absolutely perfect.


I wore my grandmother's necklace and Mr. Lemur's grandmothers earrings, which you unfortunately can't see in this shot. But I do love that you can see the antique necklace along with my engagement ring. If I had been doing something old and something new this would be it.





Our perfect, simple place settings. And the cakes which everyone loved of course!




Our Jenga guestboook! I love seeing all the signatures. It's sitting on our front table right now where I glance at it every time I walk in the door.



Our "seating chart" was just simple printed sheets mini clipped to a piece of coral ribbon. We hung them on both sides of room and gave everyone plenty of time between the ceremony and reception to find their table so there was never any backup of people trying to crowd around.


We displayed framed pictures of our parents and grandparents along with a few mementos from their weddings, like my grandmother's wedding hat, my parent's wedding topper, and some small favors. Both of Mr. Lemur's dad's parents are deceased, as well as my mother's father, so it was a good way to remember them as well as honor our parents' and grandparent's marriages.


Last but not least, the finished fireplace, candles lit and all. And it was just as great as I thought it would be. All of it.
The wedding day began at 5:30 am and continued as we got ready at the venue. We had our perfect first look and then took couples pictures in the road. After bridal party pictures and family pictures, it was time to begin the ceremony! I walked down the aisle and began the ceremony, then we said I do and were husband and wife. Then it was time to be seated for the reception, kids and all! We started eating and admired the cakes before digging in. As the day wound to a close, we snuck out for a few pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment