Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lemur L'amour: Just a Few More Pictures

After cutting the cakes, we snuck out for a few more couples pictures. But first, we grabbed our parents' wedding pictures and posed for a shot or two.

All pictures by Niki Marie Photography.


My parents were both 22 when they got married and Mr. Lemur's parents were in their early 20s. This last weekend my parents celebrated their 28th wedding anniversary and Mr. Lemur's parents have been married for 31 years. We have a great legacy to live up to!


Then we slipped outside to the slightly drizzly grey skies to snap a few pictures. Niki had scoped out a wooded area directly below the lodge...in fact, if you walked out on the balcony you could watch the impromptu photo shoot, and several kids did just that.



I bought my sweater for $7.50 at Old Navy and it was one of my best decisions of wedding planning (along with the cakes, getting married indoors, and marrying Mr. Lemur, of course). I didn't anticipate using it, since last year on our wedding date it was 95 degrees. Of course, this year it was 60 degrees and I was so thankful to have a cardigan on my shoulders and arms.



Hands down some of my favorite pictures of the day. And I still wear that sweater to work occasionally.


I took my sweater off for a few shots, although I can't say I like these as much. The extra pop of color was really perfect in the woods.



Getting out of the woods in a dress wasn't particularly easy. I definitely couldn't have done it in a princess style dress, that's for sure.



Random candids and bloopers aside, several of these pictures have made their way to frames in our apartment. I'm so glad we took just fifteen minutes away from our guests to snap a few more couples pictures. Inside, the party was wrapping up and it was almost time to go!

The wedding day began at 5:30 am and continued as we got ready at the venue. We had our perfect first look and then took couples pictures in the road. After bridal party pictures and family pictures, it was time to begin the ceremony! I walked down the aisle and began the ceremony, then we said I do and were husband and wife. Then it was time to be seated for the reception, kids and all! We started eating and admired the cakes before digging in.

No comments:

Post a Comment