Monday, September 2, 2013

Lemur L'amour: Cake, Anyone?

For awhile the cakes just sat on the tables and looked pretty, but let's be honest...the real reason for the cakes was to eat them. And to eat them we had to cut them. As a way for us to spend more time with our guests, we went around from table to table and cut them all ourselves. We didn't spend a long time at every table but we did get a chance to say hello to everyone.

All pictures by Niki Marie Photography.


We cut the cakes using a knife and server used at Mr. Lemur's grandparents' and parents' weddings, as well as Mr. Lemur's brother's wedding last summer. Kind of a cool tradition!


He did a great job of not shoving cake in my face. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I looked cute in the pictures. The cake was good though!


I paid him the favor back and didn't shove cake in his face either. And apparently he braced himself on my shoulder just in case I got any ideas. Then it was off to the rest of the tables.



My cousin decided he wanted to be fed cake too, which made for some funny (although slightly blurry) photos...




When I had asked my caterer to do a cake on each table, I told her the decorating was totally up to her. She ended up doing a simple rough frosting in a few different shades and added some flowers she purchased that morning to the top. I thought it added a great touch and the little girls especially loved the flowers. Here's Olivia helping me take off the flowers so we could actually eat the cake.



This poor table had to wait till the end to have their cake cut!


Did you get a chance to greet everyone at your reception?
The wedding day began at 5:30 am and continued as we got ready at the venue. We had our perfect first look and then took couples pictures in the road. After bridal party pictures and family pictures, it was time to begin the ceremony! I walked down the aisle and began the ceremony, then we said I do and were husband and wife. Then it was time to be seated for the reception, kids and all! We started eating and admired the cakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment