Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lemur L'amour: Cake(s)

Back in March, I read Mrs. Treasure's post about cakes as centerpieces and I knew I just had to do it. Originally we were going to do five or six bigger cakes as a dessert table, but I had a meeting with our caterer three weeks before the wedding and I asked her (with a little trepidation) if there was any way this would be possible. And can I just say that she is the sweetest lady? The conversation went a little bit like this:

Me: "I have this idea...but I don't know if it will work or if we can afford it."
Caterer: "I'll try to make anything work!"
Me: "I would love to do a cake on each table, maybe six or so different flavors. Our budget is $600."
Caterer: *laughs*
Me: "Is that enough?"
Caterer: "Honey, I wouldn't charge you more than $250 for that. I don't understand why people see 'wedding' and think 'charge six times as much.'"

Amen, caterer, amen.

All pictures by Niki Marie Photography.


This was hands down my best last minute decision of wedding planning. We stacked several books on each table (some borrowed, some bought at a secondhand store), threw a cake on it, and called it a centerpiece. We added the scrabble letters in the holder to let people know what kind of cake was at their table. There was white...



...spice...


...red velvet...



...chocolate...


...yellow...


...and I don't have a picture of just the cake, but I know this table had carrot cake. There was definitely some trading going on, which actually made me really happy, because it was fun and casual.

Mmm, cake. (And next time we'll actually cut it.)
The wedding day began at 5:30 am and continued as we got ready at the venue. We had our perfect first look and then took couples pictures in the road. After bridal party pictures and family pictures, it was time to begin the ceremony! I walked down the aisle and began the ceremony, then we said I do and were husband and wife. Then it was time to be seated for the reception, kids and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment