Monday, May 27, 2013

*insert title here*: The Wedding Week Begins

So, you know how everyone has really cool recap titles? Bad news: I'm not clever. I'm prepping to write recaps as soon as we get professional pictures back (should be just a few more weeks!), but I'm not sure what to use as a title. Yes, I know you don't HAVE to have a title, but I thought it would be neat to include one. So help me out! What should I title my recaps? I'm open to any and all suggestions!

The week started out with my parents arriving late on the Saturday before the wedding. We spent Sunday doing typical family things—attending church in the morning, eating lunch with our extended family, and lying around. The rest of the week, though, it was go time.

I worked Monday through Wednesday. In retrospect, this may not have been the greatest idea. Maybe I should have ended my contract early, but that would have meant using non-paid days—and given the fact that we were getting married and moving with all of those related expenses, I thought I should work out my contract.

Monday night was spent working on miscellaneous projects, like signs to direct guests through the turns in the park and toward parking. I'm lazy, so we stuck with our trusty sharpies on wood method. I just free-handed and filled in the lines, so the signs don't match or look consistent. At all. Oh well. Just look at them one at a time.


Personal photo

They ended up working out great. Unfortunately, we still had guests get lost, but at least it wasn't within the park!


Personal photo / My little brother posing with one of the finished signs

We finished several other projects, including organizing the materials for set-up on Thursday. I placed everything for each centerpiece in a bag labeled for the table, which ended up being one of the greatest things I did. When we arrived at the venue, it was as easy as pulling out each bag and setting it on the correct table.



Personal photos

Then it was on to Tuesday and my sister's birthday plus celebrating one of my last days as a single woman!

How did your wedding week begin? Suggestions for a name? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment