Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lemur L'amour: It's Go Time

Pictures ended right on time around 10:30 and we started getting ready for the ceremony. The prelude started just minutes later, played by Mr. Lemur's two sisters and sister-in-law on the violin and viola and his father on the piano. They played a mix of classical music and modern hymns—I'm actually honestly not sure what all was played! A few months earlier, I had given my now father-in-law a list of song preferences and told him he could do whatever he wanted with the rest of the music. One less thing for me to worry about and of course it sounded fantastic.

All photos by Niki Marie Photography.

Guests started arriving. This picture is one of my favorite moments—my aunt meeting her sister's granddaughter for the first time. She's such a cutie!

I didn't follow the tradition of staying hidden until the ceremony began. Instead, I used the precious moments before the ceremony to greet guests and mingle with the our guests. I wouldn't have missed this time for the world.

As the time for the beginning of the ceremony got closer, I realized that almost everyone was there except for two families from my church back home who had made the 16 hour trek down to be there for the wedding. So we had two problems: 1. Each family has five kids for a total of ten children under the age of 12 entering the ceremony late and 2. The doors to enter the room were on either side of the front fireplace, which means there was no sneaking in to the ceremony late! My dad called them and discovered they were about fifteen minutes away.

To be honest, this is something you just have to be ok with if you choose to have a kid-friendly wedding. For me, there wasn't even a question. We would delay the start of the ceremony until they got there. It was important to me to have them there as we said our vows and I also didn't want the rest of our guests to be disturbed by commotion as they came in. Everyone seemed content sitting and chatting so we just hung out for another ten minutes.

Finally it was time to get in position. We gathered near the back and prepared for the shift from mingling to processional. Judging by my laugh, my sister's boyfriend was entertaining us while we waited.

Then, just as if we hadn't been waiting all day for this moment, it was go time.

Did you have any hiccups that delayed the start of the ceremony? What were your emotions leading up to the processional?

Also, check out this cute graphic Mrs. Armadillo made for me! Need to catch up?
The wedding day began at 5:30 am and continued as we got ready at the venue. We had our perfect first look and then took couples pictures in the road. After bridal party pictures and family pictures, it was time to begin the ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment