Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Pictures I Can't Wait to See

Warning: This post is very heavy on pictures. If you don't like gorgeous wedding photos, this post is probably not for you.

I've thought a lot about wedding pictures. In the beginning, we weren't sure if we'd be able to afford wedding photography at all. We talked about investing in a photo-sharing app or website and crowd-sourcing the wedding photography. I was... ok with this. We didn't have the option to spend $3000 on wedding photography but there weren't a lot of options under that—the cheapest I found in our area was $1500, which was still out of our budget.

Then we took our engagement photos with Niki and were super thrilled. She's an up-and-coming young photographer who we felt really comfortable with. She was also willing to work with us on price and schedule, so it was a done deal. We had a wedding photographer!

Now when I look at wedding blogs with the gorgeous photos I get super excited about seeing our pictures! I can't wait till these are our pictures from our wedding day.

All pictures from Niki Marie Photography.

The Getting Ready Pictures



A lot of these are black and white—I'm not sure why! Maybe I was just drawn to the black and white shots as I was looking through Niki's pictures.

The Walking Down the Aisle Pictures





Can you tell I'm obsessed with these? I think the dad and daughter shots are the sweetest thing. I'm so fortunate to have my dad to walk me down the aisle.

The Ceremony Pictures






I especially love the candids of guests at the ceremony. Those are moments I probably won't catch!

The Group Pictures






I really want that last one with each of my sisters. How precious is that? Oh, and can you tell I really love the laughing pictures?

The Reception Pictures



Have you gotten sick of wedding pictures now? I haven't, so I'll just go ahead and stare at these for a little longer dreaming of what my wedding pictures will look like...

How did you choose a wedding photographer? Were there any pictures on your must have list?

No comments:

Post a Comment